Our team is full of dedicated, talented, friendly individuals. As a family-run company since 1967, we are dedicated to ensuring the success and happiness of all of our employees.
We are currently looking for a REAL ESTATE/PROPERTY MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT for our main office in Roseland, NJ. If you are interested in the position listed below, please email us at info@MurnickPropertyGroup.com. Please be sure that you include a cover letter and your resumé along with your salary requirements. If we are interested in your resume and would like to learn more about you and your qualifications, we will contact you to arrange an interview. No phone inquiries or recruiters please.
Job Title: Real Estate/Property Management Assistant
The Real Estate/Property Management Assistant is a key member of the team that runs the daily operations of a second generation family-owned residential property management company. We own and manage seven apartment buildings, containing over 1,000 units throughout New Jersey and pride ourselves on our strong relationships with each of our tenants and staff. Nearly half of our employees have been with us for over 15 years and all of managers and many other key staff have been with us for over 20 years. The Real Estate/Property Management Assistant will be instrumental in building and maintaining relationships with new and existing tenants and vendors, as well as periodically communicating with the municipalities in which we own property. The position is located at our main office in Roseland, NJ, along with three - four other people.
The ideal candidate will be a capable administrator whose employment history reflects experience associated with real estate or property management functions. In this fast paced office environment, the successful candidate will be able to multi-task and prioritize so that deadlines are met in a timely and accurate manner. Said candidate must also be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Word, Excel and Outlook. Specifically, the Real Estate/Property Management Assistant will perform the following tasks:
- Accounts Payable: Enter, code, and scan invoices into our property management system and process them for payment when directed. Issue payments using this same system. Maintain vendor files.
- Accounts Receivable: Enter tenant payments daily into property management software
- Tenant Relations: Update tenant records in property management software including legal information, reminders, work order, and equipment information. Address tenant concerns as they arise.
- New Tenant Screening: Process apartment applications by accurately completing all required paperwork, including employment and housing verifications.
- Communicate with property-level staff to ensure smooth ongoing operations of all buildings. Our resident managers and property maintenance staff are the face of our business to our tenants. Provide them with the information and tools necessary to address quickly and accurately any concerns or issues.
- Answer, screen, address, and, when necessary, direct incoming phone calls
- Compose, type, and update routine correspondence, including tenant notifications, letters, and other documents as needed
- Prepare tenant leases and associated paperwork as required in a timely and quality manner.
- Maintain the legal process for our non-payment cases. Coordinate with our attorneys to provide whatever information is required for them to process the cases. Follow up with the attorneys to confirm that the process moves forward as required.
- Collections: Provide collections agency/attorney with necessary documents for collecting former tenants’ past due balances. Track status and issue reports as needed.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining our office physical and electronic file systems as well as implementing an organized filing system at each of our properties to ensure conformity throughout our operation. All tenant documents are scanned into individual tenant files on the server.
- Keep accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishment, inventories, and purchase orders. Assist the maintenance department by ensuring apartment turnovers, move-in, move-outs, and work order requests are completed on schedule and to company standards.
- Handle special projects as required.
- Five+ years of real estate/property management/resident relations and related bookkeeping experience.
- Previous experience with (multi-family) property management software like MDS or Yardi is ideal.
- Self-starter who can multi-task efficiently. Must be able to process problems and recommend sound solutions
- Capable of completing projects quickly and accurately and prioritizing those with conflicting deadlines.
- The candidate must pay strong attention to detail, possessing the ability to learn new procedures quickly and to juggle multiple job functions. A strong background in customer service, some basic knowledge of building structures and experience in coordinating and scheduling are essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are a necessity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including, but not limited to, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- S/he must represent the company in its relations with residents, employees, municipalities, and vendors, and reflect the attitudes, policies, procedures, and general personality of the company. The ideal candidate must be professional and courteous in all communications and be able to display patience in the face of adversity.
- Maintain confidentiality and provide loyalty.
- Paid time off
- Group Health Insurance
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification and addition as deemed necessary by the company. This job description does not constitute an employment contract between the company and any applicant or employee.