Frequently Asked Questions

What are the normal qualifications to lease an apartment?
We support equal housing opportunity that imposes no limitations on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin. After you submit a completed application, including US-government issued photo and signature IDs, copies of your Social Security cards, and proof of income, our office runs verifications such as employment, housing and credit check on all people 18 years of age and over who intend to live in the apartment. If your paperwork is completely and accurately verified, you will be invited to a short meeting with the Landlord before we make our final decision. For accepted applicants, we require that you pay first month’s rent and 1 and a half months' security deposit prior to or at the time that you sign your lease. For more details, please contact the resident manager at the community in which you’re interested. To find the appropriate contact information, visit the community home page.

Where are your apartment buildings located?
Our family-owned and operated business manages communities throughout New Jersey, including Newark, East Orange, Trenton, and Asbury Park. Search for your perfect home today.

Can I see an apartment before I fill out an application for it?
Yes, we encourage you to visit our communities, walk through an apartment, and meet our staff. To schedule your tour, simply call or stop by one of our communities during regular business hours (M-F, 9am-5pm) and ask for the resident manager or superintendent.

Do I need to set up an appointment? Do you accept walk-ins?
No appointment is necessary to tour most of our apartment communities; however, we encourage you to call ahead and schedule an appointment so we can assist you as soon as you arrive. Munn Heritage and Parkview Gardens require a quick call to our main office (973) 669-5510 to schedule an appointment. If you need to see an apartment during non-business hours or on the weekends, our staff is happy to accommodate you as long as you make an appointment.  

Is there an application fee?
The application fee varies by community and some communities do not require application fees.  Please note that application fees are not refundable.

  • Ambassador Towers: $50 for the first adult applicant and $25 for each additional adults payable to 44 South Munn, LLC by money order or cashier's check when you submit your application.
  • Munn Heritage: $50 for the first adult applicant and $25 for each additional adults payable to 77 South Munn, LLC by money order or cashier's check when you submit your application.
  • Executive House: $75 per adult payable to 175 Executive House, LLC by money order or cashier's check when you submit your application.
  • Washington Towers:  $50 for the first adult applicant and $25 for each additional adults payable to 40 Washington, LLC by money order or cashier's check when you submit your application.
  • Munroe Towers: $50 per applicant 18 years of age and older payable to our broker agency, John C. Conover Agency

What lease terms are available?
We offer 12-month renewable leases.

Are floor plans available online?
Floorplans are available online within each community. Our communities offer a great variety of options, ranging from studios to three-bedroom apartments with balconies. Once you select a community to view, the available units will be listed on that page, along with the rents and floor plans. If you search for an apartment, the floorplans matching your criteria will be available in the search results. The Resident Managers can also provide you with floorplans when you tour our communities. To find contact information for a specific community, visit the community page.

Where can I obtain an application?
You can download an application here. Or, if you are touring any of our properties with one of our staff, feel free to request an application. Alternatively, you can request one via email at info@murnickpropertygroup.com, by phone at (973) 669-5510 or click here.  

Are utilities included in my rent?
Heat, hot water, and trash removal are included in the rent for all communities. Additional utilities are included in the rent at some of our communities.  Once you select a community from Our Properties, the specific utilities included are listed on the individual community pages.  

Do you offer furnished apartments?
Our apartments are all unfurnished. We feel that in order for you to truly feel at home, your home should reflect your unique tastes, so we do not provide furnishing. Our apartments do come fully outfitted with kitchen appliances, including cooking ranges, ovens, and refrigerators. At Executive House and Lafayette House, most of our apartments have dishwashers as well.  

Is corporate housing available?
We do not offer corporate housing at our properties. Each lease is in the name of the tenant who resides in the apartment. We feel this provides the strongest relationship between the resident and landlord.  

What is your pet policy?
While we understand that pets offer much love and companionship, our apartments and buildings do not accept pets of any kind. We hope you understand this policy.

Do you accept Section 8 vouchers?
Our communities accept section 8 vouchers. Applicants with Section 8 vouchers must provide completed applications so they can go through the same evaluation process as all of our other applicants.    

Is parking available and included in my rent?
Parking is available at most of our communities for an additional monthly fee. This is included as additional rent per the terms of your lease. Rates vary depending on the type of parking offered and by community. For more specific information, please see the individual community pages.

Are specials included in your prices? How do I know the actual price?
Occasionally we offer specials. These specials can be found on the individual community pages. The prices shown next to the available units are the regular monthly rents. For the specific dollar amount of a given discount, please contact the Resident Manager at the community. Please fill out a “contact us” form or contact the community you are interested in for more information.

Do you have any moving tips?
Our commitment to excellent service and personal attention begins before you move in to your new home. To help save you time and simplify your move from start to finish, we’ve put together some suggestions right on our website. View Moving Tips.

Am I required to have Renter’s Insurance?
All of our communities require residents to secure renter’s insurance to cover personal liability should an unfortunate event occur. You can acquire renter’s insurance from a provider of your choice at a very reasonable annual cost.

How do I connect my utilities, local phone, Internet and cable TV companies?
If you are moving to East Orange, Newark, or Trenton, please call PSE&G at www.pseg.com or 800-436-PSEG (7734) to connect your utilities. At Munroe Towers, the Landlord pays for your gas, electric, and basic cable service (in your living room), but you will still need to set up a CableVision account at (732) 681-4100. You can also request additional CableVision channels and internet access at that time.

What if I have to break my lease?
While we never wish to see a tenant leave before the termination of a lease, if you need to break your lease, please submit your request in writing to the Landlord at the main office.

Where do I send my rent and to whom is it payable?
Rent checks should be written out to the Landlord listed on your lease (e.g. 610 Sewall Avenue, LLC or Parkview Gardens, LLC). Rents should be mailed to the P.O. Box on the pre-printed colored envelopes the Resident Manager provides to you. If you do not have your envelopes with you and would like to mail your rent, please call the main office at (973) 669-5510 and ask for the address.  You may also pay your rent online through our third-party vendor, ClickPay.  There is no fee if payments are made by ACH from your checking or savings account.  With this online banking method, you do not need to use envelopes and you save the postage fee!

Do you accept credit card payments or electronic fund transfers?
Through our third-party vendor, ClickPay, we accept credit card payments and electronic fund transfers (ACH) for one-time and recurring payments.  For first month’s rent and security deposit, we require certified funds in the form of money orders or cashier’s checks. Future rent payments may be made by personal checks, money orders, or cashier’s checks or by credit card and ACH through ClickPay.  If you wish to do online banking with your own bank for one time payments or on a recurring basis, please set up your Landlord and P.O. Box information as a payee with your bank. Remember, online payments through your own bank can take up to seven days for banks to process, so please allow adequate time for your rent to be received by the first of each month.  We do not accept cash.

I have a repair in my apartment, how do I submit a repair request?
At times, apartments need minor repairs. Simply complete a Work Order request and submit it to the Resident Manager or Superintendent. You may obtain a Work Order request from the front desk or at the Resident Manager’s office. Be sure to keep the pink copy so you can follow up on progress of your request. You may also contact the main office through the Contact Us or by calling (973) 669-5510 to submit your request.